Prepare in advance
Psychologically look through the tasks you have to do for the evening, going through all mini party set catering preparation tasks. A cook can look at all the steps to get the food to the table, the manager can choose what actions require to be taken to draw of the event, and servers can decide who will do what too.
For the staff, make certain all prep work – table cloths, arranging chairs, flatware, paper napkins, etc – are done ahead of time; the cooks and kitchen team will wish to prepare as numerous foods ahead as possible too to alleviate any anxiety.
Prioritise food hygiene
If you host an exclusive celebration, legal requirements are much less rigorous. When you prepare and market food commercially, however, you have to source, store, handle, and display food to consumers according to food health regulation.
Food hygiene suggestions for food catering
- Use colour-coded slicing boards to avoid cross-contamination– red for raw meat, blue for raw fish, green for vegetables and fruit, brownish for root vegetables, yellow for cooked meat, and white for bakery and dairy products. Also utilize a separate board to prepare allergen-free food.
- Refrigerator hygiene: maintain raw meat on the bottom rack, check that the temperature level is between 1 and 4 ° C, and clean it routinely. Tag everything with best-before and use-by days and utilize a FIFO system to organise food.
- Clean as you go. Working in a mess is not just demanding, but likewise a huge health threat. It’s also a time waster: you at some point need to stop and clear away a pile-up, which disrupts service and the timing of food. While you work, throw out vacant packaging, unused little bits of food, and other waste to maximize area. Quick, constant wipe-downs stop microorganisms and allergens from developing.
- Tie your hair back and snip your nails (do not wear fake ones while cooking food). Likewise get rid of jewellery and cover wounds with a blue plaster (so you can conveniently see it ought to it unintentionally fall into food).
- Provide irritant details and a consumer advisory if you prepare a great deal of high threat food (such as rare meat or raw dairy products). Include it on the menu and somewhere on the facilities. Answer questions to the best of your abilities.
Always supply high quality customer support
As an event caterer you’ll supply customer care, quality assurance, health, tidiness, staffing, shift work, and often budget work. You’ll have a whole lot to balance so make sure you’re able to stand up to the demands. However, numerous catering services do say that when the occasions start, adrenaline is high and the task is a lively one, keeping you engaged in the late hours.